6 Tips To Add More Fun To Your Work Out
Updated: Jul 27, 2021
We all know how wonderful daily exercise is for our health and well-being, but what keeps holding us back from making that commitment to ourselves? Below are some fitness tips to help make working out more fun, and therefore, easier to accomplish. After all, you are more likely to stay active when the activity is enjoyable.
1. Workout with your family. If you have children, why not incorporate them into your workout schedule? Plan a family bike ride together, swim laps at the pool, or hike through a local park. When it comes to divorce and children, it’s important your kids know they still have a firm family support system. Not only will exercising together allow you to burn those extra calories, but you will also have the perfect chance to bond as a family, and create memorable experiences together.
2. Join a class. One of the best ways to increase your motivation for daily exercise is to surround yourself with people who are at the same level as you. If you are just starting out, look for beginner’s classes. Find something that appeals to you – whether you want to dance away your stress with Zumba, or unwind with Yoga, there are workout routines for every level of fitness. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
3. Pump up the volume. Save the silence for Yoga class. Create your perfect playlist (or download an app to your phone, such a Spotify or Pandora) and get the high-energy music pumping! You’ll naturally find yourself moving to the beat, which not only makes working out more enjoyable, but also helps to pass the time more quickly.
4. Shorten your workout. It may sound counter-productive at first, but short and intense activities are proven to be more effective than longer, lower-impact workout routines. Thirty minutes of purposeful daily exercise is all it takes to get your heart pumping, and blood flowing! If you are having trouble devoting even thirty minutes to being physically active, break your workout schedule into three ten-minute intervals throughout the day.
5. Set a reward. One of the best things you can do for yourself following a divorce is to re-learn how to take care of you. Set rewards for yourself based on your accomplishments. Did you follow through with 30 minutes of aerobic exercise that you scheduled? Schedule a neck-massage! Did you try that new Zumba class, and attend three times this past week? Buy yourself a new exercise outfit! If money is tight, schedule a "fun & free" night to attend a community concert in the park or visit a museum. Tying a reward to specific exercise achievements can be a great self-motivator.
6. Find a support system. Search for an online support group to learn fitness tips, and gain insight into new workout routines that are fun. Suggest Fitbit contests with work colleagues and log who has the most steps that day at work, or challenge friends and family to train for a 5K race. Remember, you are not alone in your journey to improve your health and well-being!
If you are contemplating divorce, or struggling with a high-conflict divorce procedure, let Tamara Harris, CEO of Tamara Harris LLC, be your partner as you navigate through each stage of your journey. As an impartial, experienced professional, Tamara will work directly with you to give you the best tools and strategies to manage the specific challenges and uncertainties of divorce. Serving as your Divorce Coach and advocate, she will help you see clearly during this time where emotions can often impede and derail your divorce procedure. While each member of your high-conflict divorce team – lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, and other experts – will be advising you, Tamara will help you to synthesize this information, think strategically about the options you have with clarity and purpose, and get your divorce across the finish line. Visit tamaraharris.com for more information, or contact Tamara Harris to discuss becoming a client. All inquires will be confidential.